The IartC Chair, Mr Ron Merkel QC is pleased to announce the following outcomes from the IartC Annual General Meeting held on Friday 6 September.
Election of Directors
The following Directors have been elected in accordance with Clause 11.2 of the Constitution.
- Ms Edwina Circuitt has been elected for a term of one year as a representative of art centres.
- Ms Vivien Anderson has been elected for a term of three years in her capacity as a member of the Australian Commercial Galleries Association.
- Mr Ian Plunkett has been elected for a term of three years in his capacity as a member of the Australian Indigenous Art Trade Association.
- Ms Solenne Ducos-Lamotte has been elected for a term of one year as a representative of independent dealers.
Other Director appointments
As a result of changes to the Constitution passed at the AGM the IartC Board has appointed the following Directors of the Company as representatives of the Indigenous visual arts community.
- Dr Mark Bin Bakar, arts leader from Western Australia
- Ms Bindi Cole, artist from Victoria
- Ms Maree Clarke, artist from Victoria
- Mr Glenn Iseger-Pilkington, curator from Western Australia
- Ms Carly Lane, curator from Western Australia
A significant number of changes have been made to the IartC Constitution. The detail of these changes are contained in the Explanatory Memorandum circulated to members prior to the meeting. All changes as recommended by the Board were passed at the meeting. Importantly, as a result of these changes IartC now has an expanded Board which allows for a majority of Indigenous Directors. In addition the Company now has the capacity to appoint an Indigenous Co-Chair. Members can access a revised version of the Constitution here.