Apply for Supporter Membership of the Indigenous Art Code
Becoming a Supporter Member
Becoming a Supporter Member
What you’ll need to provide, including but not limited to
- If applying as an organisation, details of your business structure including entity name, trading name and ABN and a list of directors and related entities;
- Contact details and details of any social media pages or online trading sites;
- A short description of your organisation or personal bio;
- An explanation of why you wish to become a Supporter Member of Indigenous Art Code.
In addition to providing the above information, the application will ask questions that seek to assess whether your business is adhering to the requirements of the Code.
Steps to becoming a Supporter Member
Read & Apply
Understand the purpose of Supporter Membership and the objectives of the Code.
Create an account and complete an application form online.
Submit for Review
Once submitted, an initial review of your application is conducted.
You can login to your account and check the status of your application any time.
We might need more information from you
Further information or clarification of the responses you have provided may be required from you to progress your application.
You are notified via email if your application is successful.
Once your payment is finalised, you will have access to our member resources through our online member hub and can promote your IartC Supporter Membership.
To become an IartC Supporter Member, applicants must be:
i. collectors of Artwork, and/or;
ii. supportive of the objects of the Code and the Company
iii. NOT commercially trading in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art. If you are dealing in artwork, please apply for Dealer Membership.
What does it mean to become a Supporter Member?
- You are supportive of the the Code and its principles Supporter Members are individuals or businesses who are collectors of Artwork and/or supportive of the objects of the Code and the Company (but who are not Dealers)
- Add your voice to the call for a fair go Being a Supporter Member is about adding your voice to the call for fair and ethical trade with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, and transparency in the promotion and sale of artwork.
- You are not trading with artists Supporter Members are organisations or individuals that are not engaged in commercial trade with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists. If you are dealing in artwork, please apply for Dealer Membership.
- Supporter Members are not signatories to the Code Supporters Members are not signatories to the Code, meaning their membership is not based on compliance to these rules and guidelines, but pledge their support of them as industry best practice. Only Dealer Members commit to abide by the ethical standards set out in the Code.
- Members can be involved in the Company Members can be involved in the Company (the Indigenous Art Code Ltd or IartC). This includes being able to vote at general meetings.
- Profile on IartC website Your membership of the IartC will be featured on a profile on the IartC website.
- Stay updated As a Supporter Member we will keep you up to date with our news and activities and share resources with you.
- Supporter Membership is renewed annually An annual fee of $185 + GST is payable for Supporter Membership. Join today!